You have gone through a lot and it seems that you are ready to move on to RAI.
I personally like the surgical option better. I'm afraid of the radiation. Also, I have read that the pill (RAI) can increase eye problems. I have had very itchy eyes in the past and I feel like they get puffy at times so therefore another reason why I prefer the surgical option. There are pros and cons with all 3 options (Rx, RAI, surgery) so informing ourselves on all three is a plus. At the end it is you and your Dr. together who will need to make the decision.
I'm on Methimazole at the moment in hopes that I can achieve remission at some point in the future. So far Methimazole seems to be working. If Methimazole doesn't work for some reason as we move forward, I would like to go with surgery.
I think that no matter what option you choose, that it is very important that you feel comfortable and happy with your decision. We can't fully embrace a path if we are not happy and comfortable with our decision. Once you have examined your options, made a list of pros and cons, decided what you can and can't live with, and have made a decision, stick with it and have faith that it will work for you.
Wish you the best with your decision and treatment. Please keep us posted.