OK after waiting about 3 months for my first Endo appointment, it was just cancelled on 4 hours notice because of Hurricane/Storm Sandy. We are currently experiencing a soft rain and a little wind, but nothing that would be noticed as bad weather in Seattle. I was polite with the scheduler, it took all my diplomatic skills, but I pulled it off. Frankly, I expected it and maybe, by 3:00 PM when I would be driving home for 10 miles, I would think it a wise idea. Anyway, she could reschedule me for Dr. X's first available opening - in April! Another Doc in the practice has a spot just before Christmas, so I grabbed it, only another 2 months wait. That's better than 6.
Here's my question. I feel I am euthroid. I think the 15 mg of daily methimazole has completely put me into remission. I would like to stop or lessen the dose and see if I remain healthy. That's what I would have discussed with my Endo today. Any thoughts? I've seen others post that they changed doses with varied effects. Of course, I appreciate the disclaimer that this board doesn't give medical advice. Maybe, once the storm passses, I can get a call into either my new Endo, or my old referring MD, who prescribed the drugs. I'm also taking 100 mg of Metoprolol, It helps as I'm now at 120/60, pulse of 55. Without it I'd be 140/80. pulse of 65. I think I could get good results with 50mg a day.