Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide

#1 May 4, 2016 09:40:49

Kimberly
Online Facilitator

My husbands behavior is irrational after TT

Also, for future tests, have your husband check to see if the lab can send the results online. I don't know about all providers, but with Quest and LabCorp, you can register to have results e-mailed to you directly.

Of course, you still need to consult with a doctor about making dosing changes, but this at least gives you the results right away and lets you “digest” the information before seeing the doctor.

Kimberly
GDATF Forum Facilitator

…through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live…
– Dream Theater

#2 May 6, 2016 09:53:39

Patsgirl

Update:

The nurse finally called my husband on Wednesday to say the Dr. wants him to retake his blood work in 3 weeks. He asked her if his levels were normal but she said the Dr didn't say….just that he needs to go back in 3 weeks.

I can't call there again….they treat me like I am crazy. He won't call because he doesn't think they know what they are doing.

As far as his emotional state goes….we had a few good days of ‘normal’. Today is his birthday and he has reverted to distant. I gave him a beautiful, heartfelt card to which he responded thank you with a kiss on the forehead…. He never does that….I don't know what to make of all of this. I feel like the line between me being patient and me being in denial is very blurry….

Jill

#3 May 6, 2016 11:15:54

Liz1967

Everyone is entitled to their own medical records, including labs. If this is his endocrinologist, your husband can ask his internist or even his surgeon to request his labs. You can bet they will send them off to another doc without issue. That should not be necessary, your husband should be given the labs. I would have no hesitation switching docs. My surgeon managed my labs and dose for the first six months postop. A nurse practitioner does that now. My endo was a waste of time, an internist can manage thyroid replacement. It isnt rocket science. If you are low, you take more Synthroid, if high you take less. Takes awhile for it to stabilize but a good doc will get you close to optimum pretty quickly. That being said, blood work usually isnt repeated at that short an interval unless there is a problem.

#4 May 6, 2016 18:46:28

snelsen

Agree with Liz on everything she said. This is ridiculous. I am sorry, but you need a new doc..ie your husband does. To get a call on Wednesday, about a lab drawn so long ago, is wrong. If HE (not you) calls, just talk to the voice which answers (0r better yet, go to the docs office) have him sign the Release of Information form, stating that he wants all labs, summaries of all visit, sent to him. You can't do this, he must do it cause it is his medical record. If you want to practice it, o the same with yourself. I cannot IMAGINE not having records of my visits. In these days, I usually get it at the end of the visit. But some is online, depending on where you are.

It is crazy for you not to know these labs. And three weeks, with no knowledge, is nuts. You don't know if they are normal, within range, or not in range. Grrrr.
Shirley
Sure am glad you wrote to this forum. You have new friends here. Maybe later, your husband will read the guy stuff. But take it a step at a time right now, I guess

TED 2008-present. OD for pressure on optic nerve 02/02/10
Eye muscle surgery 09/23/10 Upper eyelid surgery 02/01/11
Lower eyelids with grafts from palate, 10/5, 10/25/11
Graves dx/thyroidectomy 1959-Synthroid from 1980

#5 May 7, 2016 01:36:39

Patsgirl

Thanks everyone but my husband has informed that our marriage is over and has been for quite some time. He has moved to a guest bedroom and will look for a place to live. My devastation has overcome me!
I advised him to educate himself on this disease and to take an active role in his treatment. His family is aware of everything and will need to look after him now.
I told my son (24) last night and he took it really hard. He said your relationship was what made me believe in love again…and he cried…
I'm not sure how to tell my daughter when she returns from her honeymoon tomorrow.
My heart is broken!

#6 May 7, 2016 04:22:52

Liz1967

So sorry to hear that. Maybe after he moves out, he will realize you have nothing to do with how he is feeling. If his issue is thyroid hormone imbalance, he will eventually get balanced. Hang in there.

#7 May 10, 2016 09:00:51

Patsgirl

It feels like I'm standing in front of an oncoming train and can't get out of the way!

#8 May 10, 2016 19:54:51

snelsen

Well, it is hard for you to believe right now, but when I was in your position with three teenagers, looking back, it was the best thing that could have happened in my life. When doors close, other doors open. I am so very sorry that you are dealing with this stress. It's big. Lots of unknowns. Lean on good and trusted friends, just a few.
Shirley

TED 2008-present. OD for pressure on optic nerve 02/02/10
Eye muscle surgery 09/23/10 Upper eyelid surgery 02/01/11
Lower eyelids with grafts from palate, 10/5, 10/25/11
Graves dx/thyroidectomy 1959-Synthroid from 1980

#9 May 13, 2016 17:19:28

Patsgirl

I am fortunate nough to have many good and trusted friends. Great full for that!

#10 Jan. 9, 2021 22:22:08

iwonder

Hi Patsy—- I hope you are well. I know your post is almost 5 years old now but I wonder if things changed for you? I left my ex who had Graves’ months ago because he became abusive in his rage and was getting scarier. I am curious if you experienced any of his rage as well? I do hope all is well and hate to bring up any old things for you, but just thought I’d ask. Like you mentioned Graves’ disease is a bit rarer in men so I don’t know if what I dealt with was the disease or him (his mother said he wasn’t like this when he wax younger). Thank you!

• Root
  • » GDATF
  • » My husbands behavior is irrational after TT [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at [email protected] or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2021 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation