Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the + key as many times as necessary to increase the font size.
Hold control (command on a Mac) and press the - key to reduce the font size. - hide

#1 Aug. 27, 2018 12:08:46

amichan

Looking for Endo/Long Distance Running

Hi All,

My Graves just relapsed after 5 years of remission. I'm feeling particularly down right now. I'm also a marathon runner, currently training for the NY Marathon (my 13th marathon. I'm having a really hard time training (for obvious reasons).

I had an endo who was great for me, but he moved. I was matched up with someone else but unfortunately, it wasn't a good fit.

My question is does anyone know an endocrinologist in Boston that is a runner or experience with endurance sports? I have been asking around with not much success. I'm hoping this community will be able to help me.

Thank you for any advice!

#2 Aug. 28, 2018 17:02:28

Kimberly
Online Facilitator

Looking for Endo/Long Distance Running

Hello - I don't know of anyone who fits that specific bill, but if you check out the “Looking for a Doctor” tab in the announcements section of the forum, there are several search engines where you can locate a doc near you. Hopefully, if you call around, one of them might have that specific expertise - although probably any doc will recommend that you put your training on hold until your thyroid levels are under control.

You have a lot of great medical facilities in Boston - odds are that there are at least some docs who are runners themselves, so hopefully, you can find the right person!

Kimberly
GDATF Forum Facilitator

…through nature's inflexible grace, I'm learning to live…
– Dream Theater

• Root
  • » GDATF
  • » Looking for Endo/Long Distance Running [RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control

Questions? Problems? Please contact us at [email protected] or 877-643-3123.

GDATF on Facebook

Support the GDATF and become a member today!

© 2018 Graves' Disease & Thyroid Foundation